XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet 4G Wireless Tower Forum (Alvarion equipment) * (newer network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 04:42 PM

Default 4G speeds

Barrett are saying speeds up to 40 MBs and 100 next year. Is this credible? Man I would be happy with a rock solid 10.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:24 PM

It is true! I seen it on the news.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Yes, it is true that it has been on the news and on the web in articles however..

Extremely and very HIGHLY UNLIKELY that they will even come close to it.

Oh and dont forget about your state of the art data caps seemingly only going as high as 30GB/month and then $3.50/GB+HST there after
Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 PM

you can get an 80gb/month plan for $85

but yeah I doubt they will offer speeds that fast even though the system is capable of it, but maybe we will see 10 or 12 show up
Old 07-10-2012, 10:38 PM

Default confused

I have extended my guarantee on a 3 yr contract as the speed was too low . I reformatted my puter as it needed a little tlc anyway. So 5 call in complaints later Im finally told with 'residential lite ' or whater 20 gigs for 59.99 with 5 Mps is now 3 Mphs which is why the&^$$%$% I;ve been repeatly calling them about the speed . Igo back to the website and its all new . new prices . new format . Is this happened to anyone else out there??? I see the info on this page and all of a sudden dial-up starts looking better . At least i could depend om consistency .
Old 07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksynopsis View Post
I have extended my guarantee on a 3 yr contract as the speed was too low . I reformatted my puter as it needed a little tlc anyway. So 5 call in complaints later Im finally told with 'residential lite ' or whater 20 gigs for 59.99 with 5 Mps is now 3 Mphs which is why the&^$$%$% I;ve been repeatly calling them about the speed . Igo back to the website and its all new . new prices . new format . Is this happened to anyone else out there??? I see the info on this page and all of a sudden dial-up starts looking better . At least i could depend om consistency .
Your bought the service with contract of 5Mbps package, as that is what you signed up for, otherwise any less and contract should be canceled with no penalty.
You probably have some type of paper stating your contracts speed and price.
If Xplornet were no longer able to supply a 5Mbps to you, then they should tell you that and offer you the lower speed with your permission for revised contract terms or let you out of contract.
Xplornet should never sell someone a certain package where they can not deliver its criteria. Was you area capable of 5Mbps in the first place? If no, then invalid sale.

Xplornet will state that 5Mbps is just an "up to" speed. Service and speeds not guaranteed. blahblahblah. Advertise one thing with a disclaimer and hope no one notices.

Consumer protections links.
http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forumss...isplay.php?f=7

Start with the CCTS
http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/

Last edited by buttitchi : 07-11-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 PM

This week I got the 4G Wireless Xplornet 10Mbit.. Upgraded from the 3.5 due to no choice... as the 3.5 was overloaded and not working... Xplornet basically told me were to go .... cancel or upgrade...

I got this the first night doing some downloading hope you can see the pic:

The cap is going to be a problem if it stays like this after the 30 day trial.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 AM

Wow, very decent results. Let us know how it works over the next few weeks.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_ca View Post
Wow, very decent results. Let us know how it works over the next few weeks.
It was still working well last night. Speed tests only show about 6.5Mbit did a few last night. But getting download from multiple sources and I am still about to hit just of 10 Mbit.

As of this morning the service is dead however went down. Apparently this is affecting all customers in the area however... the network from a different tower (the tower I am connected to goes through) has network connectivity issues.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:52 AM

I am in Winchester Ontario. Had 4G installed maybe 2 weeks ago. Currently only on the 5 Mb plan, but what an improvement from the Expedience connection. That is for sure. Pings are better and more stable, and speeds are more constant. I am very happy currently. Netflix is good, NetTalk is good, and I can game at the same time too. Will be moving up to the 10Mb after I cancel the Bell phone and TV, but not too far before my 3 months of unlimited data are used up.. On this plan I have had downloads steady at the 600kbps+. I hit 15 Gb in a day downloading Max Payne 3 from Steam. I started it in the morning and it was done in the evening. 400% of my daily allowance LOL. Good time to take advantage of this unlimited data for 3 months free upgrade deal.
Lets hope in a month or two the service doesn't go to shit like it did last time...

Only thing that bugs me is that SpeedTest.net does not have my proper location and I can not manually override it for some reason. Because of this I get Speed and Ping test servers that are not appropriate for my actual location. But I think I remember this from last time too and should only take a bit to get sorted out.

Best Wishes.

Last edited by Sativus420 : 07-28-2012 at 09:57 AM.