XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Bell turbo hub forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2015, 07:14 PM

Default Bell LTE Netgear Wireless

It has been a while since posting on here. I last had a Rogers Turbo Hub and at one point I cancelled the phone service on that hub but Rogers kept charging me for the phone. It took months of calls to finally end the nonsense and then I ended Rogers and moved to Bells WiMi or WiFi, anyways it was the old radio internet supposed to be 2Mb down 10G a month and only available in my county. It couldn't be monitored so I enjoyed over 3 years of unlimited internet. Last Nov 2015 got the big letter from Bell, this service was to be cancelled and they offered a free Netgear LTE, no charge for hookup, $49.95 month for 20GB and for another $10 an extra 20GB. Bonus I was signed up. The speeds average 10 to 12 Mb down, 4 Mb up at all times but its easy to use up the 40 GB. Other than that if you didn't want this offer it was go elsewhere. So today I fired off an email to Bell retention pointing out that Xplornet (world's worst isp) is located 400 ft away from me and for $59.99 you get 100 MB monthly and $10 more 250 GB. I asked what they would or would not do for me. We shall see.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:09 PM

It costs me $75 for only 10gbs and even after calling their escalation team they won't budge at all and say a plan like that isn't available.

I'm guessing it was only offered to people who were on the Portable Internet service at the exact time it was shut down. The pricing on this thing is asinine and they have shut down the much cheaper alternative forcing people onto the Turbo Hub if they are in an area without other options.

I guess technically there is another option, Rogers but they have the exact same prices so what choice is that really.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:49 AM

A followup to my post. Bell sucks.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:19 AM

Ah, the old Bell WiMax. I had them since 2009 and last March (2015) I was kicked off the tower with no warning. I'm surprised that Bell gave you a new offer as we weren't offered anything. The service just shut off one night and when we called the following morning they just told us that they are discontinuing it and the conversation was over. Thanks Bell.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:37 PM

The only reason the subscribers in my area were kept online with the wimax was because Middlesex Centre gave bell a million bucks of tax payers money to secure internet in the region. Bell gave us 3 more years and shut it down.