XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet 4G Wireless Tower Forum (Alvarion equipment) * (newer network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2015, 01:18 PM

Default Not able to pull an IP to router, but can to laptop

Hey everyone,

Since last Monday our Dlink DIR 615 (running latest firmware) was suddenly unable to obtain an IP from our Breezemax Pro 6000. When i directly connect my laptop (Toshiba Satellite S50-A running Windows 8) it has no problem getting an IP from the modem.

Dlink claims this is an ISP issue.
Xplornet claims this is a hardware issue.

I have changed the internal IP of this router to 192.168.5.1 as well as 192.168.255.1. No effect.

I have purchased a new router (A dlink DIR 605L) and did the same internal IP shuffle. No effect.

I've changed the DIR-615's firmware to DD-WRT's latest. No effect.

I have powercycled all the things in every configuration I can think of.

I can't seem to get to the modem to play with settings there.

Help?
Old 05-11-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane81 View Post
Hey everyone,

Since last Monday our Dlink DIR 615 (running latest firmware) was suddenly unable to obtain an IP from our Breezemax Pro 6000. When i directly connect my laptop (Toshiba Satellite S50-A running Windows 8) it has no problem getting an IP from the modem.

Dlink claims this is an ISP issue.
Xplornet claims this is a hardware issue.

I have changed the internal IP of this router to 192.168.5.1 as well as 192.168.255.1. No effect.

I have purchased a new router (A dlink DIR 605L) and did the same internal IP shuffle. No effect.

I've changed the DIR-615's firmware to DD-WRT's latest. No effect.

I have powercycled all the things in every configuration I can think of.

I can't seem to get to the modem to play with settings there.

Help?
Hey! wondering if your Modem has suddenly decided to lock the Mac address to your Toshiba laptop. Would be a little odd but i've seen it happen on other routers. Get to the internet settings of your Router, and in the WAN options change the Mac address to the address of your Toshiba Laptop (won't effect your laptop connecting as its on the internet side of the network).

Also not sure how your setting up the Internet Settings, however if you don't have a Static IP make sure everything is set to automatically acquire IP via DHCP. Shouldn't have to change any IP settings.. or any IP settings you do change should be on the Internal LAN side, not the Internet WAN side.