XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet 4G Wireless Tower Forum (Alvarion equipment) * (newer network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2014, 07:58 AM

Default Question about the 4G fixed wireless modem

I have the Fixed wireless modem box thingy. I'm assuming it's a BreezeMAX PRO 6k. I managed to get into it this morning and was taking a look around at some of the options. I was wondering if anyone here has made a tweak guide to get some more bandwidth out of it. Mine goes right to my Router, then to a switch for all physical connections.

Do I need the firewall enabled on the modem when I have it enabled on my router? Do I need the modem set as a DHCP server? etc.

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Linux Member

I haven't looked at mine yet. You may not need the firewall enabled. You probably do need the DHCP server function enabled -- this is how your router discovers the IP address of the Breezemax gateway, and also the DNS server. If you turn off DHCP you have to configure everything in your router manually.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:31 AM

My internet has gotten a bit faster now that I can force reboot this thing. I also noticed under DNS, what my router automatically chose and what is listed in the modem are different. Wondering if I sync them up I'd get decent results. Still wish I was actually getting what I pay for :/ They also won't reduce my bill. They are selling my package for 69.99$ with taxes that's 79$ I'm paying 116$