XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet 4G Wireless Tower Forum (Alvarion equipment) * (newer network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 04:10 AM
Linux Member

As I (vaguely) recall, Maximum ISP didn't respond to my query. But I'm out of their coverage area anyway, being well south of Chatsworth.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 PM

DNS service has been spotty for last couple of weeks, so I switched to OpenDNS and Google. Called in and in due course they discovered that my CINR is 12 and their minimum is 15 for any service package and that it was 19 when it was installed. Currently I'm aimed at the Paisley tower because supposedly Chesley wasn't active then.

I asked again and was told that Chesley is active, so I hope the Northwind guys swap me to that tower when they come to check the alignment. I'm only about 6km from Chesley and it's ~22km to the Paisley tower according to the original installers.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad R View Post
As I (vaguely) recall, Maximum ISP didn't respond to my query. But I'm out of their coverage area anyway, being well south of Chatsworth.
Hey Brad R,
How far south of Chatsworth are you? I'm an installer for GBTel (Grey Bruce Telecom), and I can tell you that our coverage area extends well south of Chatsworth on both highways.
When Xplornet shut off the old Everus network in July/August of this year, we were able to acquire a few of the old Everus tower locations, a very important one being the site of the their huge tower at Holland Center, as well as their old Williamsford location.
If you're still looking for service, we might be able to get service to you - let me know.

www.gbtel.ca

-Ed
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Linux Member

Just north of Flesherton, not far from Hwy 10. So the new towers at Holland Centre and Williamsford won't do us any good. If the coverage map at gbtel.ca is up to date, we're still well outside your coverage area.

We've signed up with Rogers for two years, but I'm still looking for alternatives. Rogers is expensive at our level of usage, and rather slow during prime time.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:57 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I just joined and have a question....Does anyone know if there is a map/diagram of where the Xplornet towers are in the Grey-Bruce area? I live within eyesight of the Allan Park Telesat satellite station and figure they may have a tower there....would be nice
Old 09-26-2014, 06:09 AM
Linux Member

The good news is that Loxcel includes Xplornet towers on their cell towers map: http://www.loxcel.com/celltower

The bad news is that you have to pay for access to their information. (The map displayed on that page is "an example" and is not complete.)