XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet 4G Wireless Tower Forum (Alvarion equipment) * (newer network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 04:07 PM

Default No more free download period

Xplornet has eliminated the free download period with their new plans.

When you hit the cap they just throttle everything down to 150kbps.

/Chris
Old 11-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Linux Member

Is that only the "4G" (Alvarion) wireless, or does that apply to satellite as well?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 PM

No idea... they redid the plans on 4G anyway... the new plans have a higher cap, but no free download period. The older plans are still in effect fior those who are already on them.

I would have liked to have a free download perido for those huge Steam or Xbox games whichg are easily scheduled.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:23 PM

I still get my free download period. Infact, I have never been charged for over usage as of yet. This because their usage counter does not account for the free download period. Until it does (which may be never seeing as they phased it out), there will be no over usage charges incurred.

It's moot to me anyways. Storm is coming out Tuesday to install a 60 ft tower and 20 ft pole which they said would achieve their highest of service 10/5 with a 200 Gb cap. I hope it works out this time...

Swallowing the early cancellation fees from Xplornet is gonna suck though. I will have 10 months left on it. = $250 ;(

Best of luck.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:46 PM

these new plans seem to be different... there are no overage fees. Once you hit the 100GB threshold they drop the account down to 150kbps until the end of the monthly billing period.

It's not ideal, but it's better than $3-5/GB that they have threatened in the past (I suspect their system has not been able to calculate overage fees at this point).
Old 08-27-2014, 12:54 PM

I will miss the unlimited bandwidth cap my city had for the last year. It's gone now, so is our free download period.. Instead the CS Rep told me I'll have access to more bandwidth during off peak hours.. I have 10mbps fixed wireless and It runs like absolute crap.