XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Generic question forum (don't know where to post?)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 PM

Default New LTE Network Announced

So Xplornet did this:

http://www.xplornet.com/about-us/new...ral-canadians/

On the fabebook page many digruntled current users moaned about speed and limits and the Xplornet staff responded that these gripes will be addressed. Apparently its a 3 year plan to blanket the country (though satellite is still part of the mix).

Perhaps a new forum should be created for the Xplornet LTE network?

/bbking67
Old 07-29-2014, 12:27 AM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1391...ural-canadians

That news release I read it as:

Coming in early 2017 will be two new satellites* that will have coverage of all** of Canada with speeds 'up to'*** 25Mbps. ****

*Not owned by us. We deferred payment and bought all the Canadian capacity to keep out competition.
**Offer void if living where tree's or mountains block your southern view of the satellites. Or you live on the far north edges of Canada and the satellite doesn't quite cover you.
***You didn't think we will actually give you a 24/7 consistent 25Mbps?
****Offer of higher speeds subject to throttling if you use it like a landline Internet product.

I'll have an LTE forum added. But isn't it just a longterm extension of the 4G wireless towers?(Alvarion).

Landline fiber could easily cover areas/communities of Canada and leave the scattered homes between them for satellite coverage. But thats not what the Canadian government is spending the public's money for high speed Internet on.
Bloody low caps wireless with lots of throttling is shit for whats available on the internet.
Telus in BC, Alberta and parts of Quebec is busy converting whole towns to fiber. Bell is slowly doing fiber to the home/pedestal. Meanwhile Wireless data keeps getting more expensive for what is lower cost technology.
The Canadian government is wasting millions/billions of dollars on wireless bandaids and its a fucking joke.

Xplornet will keep getting their yearly taxpayer subsidy and without any attached conditions of quality of service rules.

Please excuse my lack of enthusiasm about this lack of competition and the suppression of advancements in true unlimited high speed internet connectivity.

Last edited by buttitchi : 07-29-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:03 PM

hmmm, I think they forgot the 0. in front of the 25
Old 08-14-2014, 10:27 PM

I also think Xplornet completely missed the boat on this one. They really should of tried to go after the 700Mhz spectrum. It can travel further, and provide better coverage. But Bell, Rogers, and Telus would of crushed Xplornet anyways...