XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Generic question forum (don't know where to post?)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM

Default I use to work for Xplornet. Ask me anything!

Well, as the title says, ask me anything! I am going to stay unbiased and will answer any questions as objectivly as I can. Anything you want to know, just ask!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Linux Member

Why did you leave?
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad R View Post
Why did you leave?
In a nutshell, the operations manager rivaled Hitler and Stalin for being the biggest asshole (ir in this case, the biggest bitch) ever. By far the worst manager I ever had the misfortune of dealing with. She had an extremely hostile and needlessly over assertive tone when I talked to her. Also, Xplornet's left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Probably the most terribly organized company I've ever seen. And as you all know, they gave jack shit about their customers
Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 PM

Did you work out of the call center? Fredericton or Woodstock office ?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 PM

Freddy Call Center.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:47 PM

how much of an effect do trees have on the newer Alvarion 4G units? I see houses all the time shooting through 5+ trees and wonder how their service is working, if at all. Then at the same time I hear xplornet contractors boasting how great the 4G Alvarion gear penetrates through trees, their talk is to be expected though.

On paper it doesnt make sense. 3.5GHz has little to no ability at foliage penetration so I can't understand it.

Just curious
Old 11-14-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy-you-know-who-it-is View Post
how much of an effect do trees have on the newer Alvarion 4G units? I see houses all the time shooting through 5+ trees and wonder how their service is working, if at all. Then at the same time I hear xplornet contractors boasting how great the 4G Alvarion gear penetrates through trees, their talk is to be expected though.

On paper it doesnt make sense. 3.5GHz has little to no ability at foliage penetration so I can't understand it.

Just curious
It really just depends. Better then Expedience, as a friend of mine who is cursed with Xplornet can only get Alvarion, but not Expedience or Canopy. Mind you, that his connection quality is not that good, but it was better then the satellite he had. I really can't say of it is 50% better or 200% better. It literally is different regardless of where you are.