XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet 4G Wireless Tower Forum (Alvarion equipment) * (newer network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM

Default 4G WiMax Entry Plan

Is anyone else on this plan? As per my invoice it shows that I am indeed on entry plan. $49.99, 5mbps....extra $5 for 100G/mo. When I checked my daily usage it showed that I had x amount left of my 4G daily limit????? The traffic management page on xplornet shows that this plan has a free download from 2am to 7am and the Dynamic Congestion Management Policy.....no mention of a 4G daily usage limit. Can anyone confirm this if they are on the same plan? Or any on these plans:

http://www.xplornet.com/traffic-mana...ixed-wireless/

Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 08:08 PM

that is strange - they had a daily limit on the Enhanced system (4gb) but no mention on the traffic management policy for 4g. Give them a call to see what they have to say
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 PM

Might want to check the fine print. I was told that $5/mth for 100GB is now only good for the first year or service.

The usage tracker has issues. I'm on Business Performance and for the first nine months it showed that I had a 4GB daily limit. They said ignore it, and that there is no free download time. Apart from the throttling of torrents, I haven't noticed any traffic management, I can FTP at full speed for at least 40 hours straight and not get throttled.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 PM

I'm going by what I was told about the 100G/mo for the term of the contract, but I will get verification. In regards to the free download period:

http://www.xplornet.com/traffic-mana...ixed-wireless/
Old 12-08-2012, 05:51 PM

my contract offer was presented from Ripnet and it specifically states that the $5/100 gig is for the 2 yr contract term.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:21 PM

They tried to upgrade to 4G entry plan (after 6 months passed and they shut down my service for a week) from extreme and were unable to connect with any of the several towers around the area(that are visable). The extreme was working fine(well better than the old 900mhz) now its been shut down? All they could do was stick me with a satellite link and stick me with a really low cap(120Gb down to 40Gb) because that package is no longer available, and bump my rate from 62$ tax in to 96$. What a great deal! I spent 3 hours on the phone and got nowhere. The tech said that since the 4G came out they have been converting a lot of customers to satellite(obviously a plot to pay for it)Ping times are lousy, download is bursty, cant use skype or IP phone or game on the satellite.
I'll be cancelling before the 30day trial for sure and signing up with another provider for a lot less$$. After 7 years SO LONG xplodernet.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Linux Member

The same thing happened here. Last year they upgraded our local tower to the 4G Alvarion equipment, and suddenly we couldn't get wireless coverage, when we'd had it for two years with the 3.5 GHz Everus gear. All Xplornet could offer us was "4G" satellite.