XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Bell turbo hub forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 01:35 PM

Default capacity issue

My Bell Mobility data service suffers from slowdowns during high demand periods...typically between 4pm and 2am.
I am using a Netgear MBR 1210 with a Wilson yagi antenna attached to a 8foot pole on our roof. The Netgear diagnostics software indicates that I have -79dbm hitting the hub. THe hub's signal strength indicator is solid blue.
My local tower is in Eldorado, Ontario.
I have Bell's 7Mbps plan, but they indicate that their target service level is between 2 and 4Mbps. During periods of high network utilization my download speed dips to between .5Mbps and 1Mbps. Video steaming does not work at these download rates.
I have had a trouble ticket open with Bell Mobility since Jan 2012.
They have a special ability to bounce a ticket around their system.
I just want Bell to tell me if and when do they plan on dealing with the capacity issue.
Just noticed yesterday that a new tower has been erected beside the Bell mobility tower in Eldorado. Bell or Xplornet????
If it is Xplornet, does anyone have experience with their 4G fixed wireless system. ie. actual download speeds in the evening over an extended period of time....for example downloading a map update for a GPS typically 1-3Gbits.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM

Even if Bell has a problem on their end they will not admit to it.
When these hubs first started they had a firmware problem and knew it.
But they just kept everyone going in a circle until the finally managed to come up with a fix.

So make sure you have the latest firmware.

I am on a yogi antenna. I typically get a 3 or 4 out of 5 signal.
I easily get the 7Mb sustained on downloads and torrents.
There must be lots of seeds on the torrents and for downloads
I use an accelerator so the file download is split from more than one site.
If you don't, it could just be the site you download from is slow.
The only problem with the hub is the after 10GB it gets real expensive.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM

I checked my firmware using the Netgear utility....no new version available...I assume I have the latest.

I am positive that my problem is a load issue...Bell acknowledges this and provides a significant credit for the slow download speeds.

Bell indicates(if you choose to believe) that they are building a new tower south of their Eldorado tower that will take some of the load off their Eldorado tower. Bell indicates that the new tower will be up in running late December2012. Has anyone seen any tower construction in the Madoc area???

The new tower beside Bell's Eldorado tower, in fact belongs to Xplornet. Xplornet's contractor did a site check a my location. The contractor said I needed 20 units on his measuring device. From the top of my roof with a 15-20 foot pole he got 16 units. He said they could not garantee service and packed up and left.

My top map indicates that I am a little over 6kms from the tower, well within the 20km expected coverage. Does anyone have a contact at xplornet that can tell me(us) if the sites coverage pattern is maximized????